LinkedIn has recently acquired lynda.com. For all of you who haven’t heard of lynda.com, it is an online tool where users can explore thousands of tutorials ranging from a variety of topics such as business, photography, video, and more. Lynda.com offers great opportunity for people to build new skill sets and also hone current skills to match industry standards.
The marriage of LinkedIn and lynda.com has created a great combination of online resources as the mission of both is very parallel. The goal of LinkedIn is to connect users with job opportunities and lynda.com aims to connect user with the skills they need to obtain these jobs. This will allow LinkedIn users to enhance their skill set using the in-depth courses offered by this teaching resource.
Something that has arisen from this merge is for the first time, lynda.com is offering free access to its videos for all LinkedIn users. For users with a premium subscription to LinkedIn, they can enjoy the courses on Lynda.com for 30 days. The free subscriber can also view courses free of charge for 21 days. This encourages users to get their online profile set up on LinkedIn and also learn some new things along the way to assist in their job hunt.
So is this a good merge? When you break it down, you can still search for jobs online and see the skills you need to obtain employment, and then have access to a resource that will teach you all the skills you need in a matter of hours.
Latest posts by Lindsay Kavanagh (see all)
- Google Penguin 4.0 Is Rolling Out! Now Part of the Core Algorithm - September 23, 2016
- Friendly Reminder: Google Now Penalizing Widget Links - September 8, 2016
- 12 Days of Digital Marketing: Your Guide to Shopify Apps - December 19, 2015
- 6 Simple Steps for SEO Success – An seoplus+ Infographic - August 10, 2015
- Hi, 2001 called and they want their website back - July 28, 2015