What is Mobilegeddon?
Google announced that mobile-friendliness will be a ranking factor in mobile search results as of April 21. So businesses without a mobile website will be difficult to find on mobile devices soon.
Why should I Care?
Between 25% and 50% of website traffic comes from mobile devices. If these prospects stop finding you, you will lose valuable traffic and sales.
There is a WordPress plugin called “Any Mobile Theme Switcher.” It can convert a non-mobile website to mobile in a couple minutes! (warning: this is only a short term fix)
Step 1: Take the Test
Find out if your website is mobile-friendly at http://seopl.us/MBT15
Step 2: Choose a Mobile Solution
A. Separate URLS: create a second website that displays on mobile devices
B. Dynamic Serving: website serves different version of the site based on the browser being used
C. Responsive Design: website automatically changes layout based on the screen size
Step 3: Use a Band-Aid Solution While The Site is Being Designed
A. If your website is managed by WordPress, you can use a plugin called “Any Mobile Theme Switcher”
B. Another option is creating a temporary mobile website to ensure that you don’t drop in rankings while your new website is being designed.
Step 4: Complete a Mobile Website Audit
A. Have a website audit completed to make sure your mobile website is set up and optimized correctly. You can get an audit completed here: http://seopl.us/1CYBGSj
Latest posts by Derek Cosgrove (see all)
- 9 Ways an SMB Can Get Good Backlinks in 2017 - November 1, 2016
- Supercharge Your Shopify Store Conversion Rate…For Free - August 11, 2016
- Digital Marketing That Works in 2016: 10 Tips and Tools - June 22, 2016
- 12 Days of Digital Marketing: Broken Link Building - December 21, 2015
- 12 Days of Digital Marketing: Think Digital First with Your Traditional Advertising - December 16, 2015