You might think that search engine optimization (SEO) is a technique that only benefits blogs and content-driven websites. You’re not the first person to believe that, but don’t let your misconceptions affect the potential of your e-commerce sites. Even though your web store is for selling goods and services, it still contains content and thus still needs SEO. Now that you realize that, you probably agree that it’s time to consider how to optimize your online shop.
The thing is, SEO looks a bit different for an e-commerce store. To optimize your shop using SEO, you first need to turn your attention toward your mobile website. Make sure that you have some type of responsive design in play so that visitors and shoppers enjoy full functionality and total access to your entire inventory when they visit your mobile site on their phones and tablets. To make your site easier to navigate, create smaller categories, so visitors have more options. Include sub-categories and micro categories so customers can hone their search keywords and find precisely what they need.
As for the content on your web store, you can use SEO in every product description plus the metadata. You don’t need to — and shouldn’t — stuff your descriptions with keywords. That will backfire. With the right techniques, however, you can bring your business to the top of search results and pull in new customers as well. Continue reading to learn about other methods that will help you optimize your e-commerce shop.
Latest posts by seoplus+ (see all)
- Infographic – Why Should Your E-Commerce Site Be Optimized? - December 15, 2017
- Infographic: How to Determine the Right Type of Influencer for your Marketing Campaign - October 13, 2017
- Infographic: How to Increase Visibility & Improve Your SEO - August 4, 2017
- 5 Reasons Your Company Should Have A Link Building Strategy - May 29, 2017
- The Importance of Hashtags: Know Where, Why, and How to Use Them - May 2, 2017