Google has finally rolled out vanity URL’s on all Google+ linked pages. This has been long overdue with users being forced to access pages consisting of up to 16 characters.
See below for a tutorial on how to activate your Vanity URL!
Access your Google+ Page. If you are eligible for a vanity URL you will see a notification saying “Your page is pre-approved for the custom URL…” Click on “Get URL” to begin the process.
Next you will see a pop-up with the pre-approved custom URL. Agree to the terms of service and click “Change URL”
Youl will need to confirm that you wish to change your custom URL to the provided choice.
You will receive notification that your custom URL has been claimed. If you want to make changes to the formatting (uppercase or lowercase) proceed to the next step.
Simply click on ‘Edit’ and a pop-up will appear with the option to make changes to your vanity URL. You may only make changes to the formatting (uppercase or lowercase) not the actual name. Once you are ready click ‘Save’
Latest posts by Brock Murray (see all)
- Google Data Studio Now Available in Canada - September 28, 2016
- Remarketing Tips from a Paid Ads Expert - June 28, 2016
- Political SEO and the Power of a Redirect - February 18, 2016
- 5 Simple Optimizations for Your Website - January 18, 2016
- Why Customer Loyalty Means Everything in 2016 - January 13, 2016