The predominant mantra around search engine optimization success is that “content is king.” After all, powerful and compelling content is the cornerstone of your blog and, in turn, your SEO efforts. Yet as anyone who’s received a spam email can attest “content” alone isn’t enough, and that’s because “content” is relative.
A more accurate manta is “quality content is king.” But what, precisely, is quality content? In a nutshell, it’s content that is interesting, authoritative, unique, and positions the author as an expert in his or her field. Or, to employ yet another mantra, “if it’s not worth sharing, it’s not worth publishing.”
If you post content on Google+, there’s a new tool out that will add more authority to your content. It’s called the “author tag,” and it proves that you, a real live human and not a robot, spammer, or “black hat” SEO practitioner, is behind the content. As a result, it helps to boost your blog’s authority, improves SEO rankings, and strengthens company branding.
Latest posts by Brock Murray (see all)
- seoplus+ to provide Digital Marketing support for CanExport Program - June 17, 2021
- 5 E-Commerce Link Building Tactics & How They Work - April 28, 2021
- How to Carry Yourself in the Face of Crisis - April 2, 2020
- Connect with seoplus+ - September 1, 2017
- Investigating February’s Organic Rankings Volatility - February 10, 2017