The article looks at Google’s continued dominance in the search field as well as the types of challenges the Mountain View giant is facing – and what it can mean for your business.
Google Leads the Way
First and foremost, Google’s lead in the search market remains strong. According to recent data, 67 percent of Web searches are conducted on Google-related sites. At the same time, total US internet advertising spending continues to rise; eMarketer predicts it to reach $50 billion in 2015, with a little less of half of that being devoted to search engine marketing.
Specialized Sites Remain Relevant
So the takeaway? Google will remain the leader for the foreseeable future. That said, more and more users are gravitating towards specialized sites for specific types of queries. For example, if they’re looking for a sushi restaurant in San Francisco, they’re more inclined to check Yelp.
Latest posts by Brock Murray (see all)
- seoplus+ to provide Digital Marketing support for CanExport Program - June 17, 2021
- 5 E-Commerce Link Building Tactics & How They Work - April 28, 2021
- How to Carry Yourself in the Face of Crisis - April 2, 2020
- Connect with seoplus+ - September 1, 2017
- Investigating February’s Organic Rankings Volatility - February 10, 2017