We are currently looking for a full time SEO Specialist at our head office in west Ottawa. The ideal candidate is a self-starting, enthusiastic, and driven professional, looking to further their own career and education with constant innovation.
They are comfortable working in a non-traditional environment, and want to support company growth by confidently bringing new ideas and a unique perspective to each job. They are comfortable communicating with others in a team environment, and able to work directly with clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
Responsible for improving the organic search results. Creates and launches SEO campaigns, identifies areas to improve the rankings in major search engines.
- Review and analyze client sites for areas that need to be improved, deleted, or revised.
- Prepare detailed strategy reports.
- Identify the least expensive but most powerful and profitable keywords for client sites.
- Write effective headlines, body copy, and website copy.
- Ensure websites are filled with optimal keywords.
- Place keywords appropriately in copy to gain most search engine traffic.
- Write effective call-to-action statements.
- Write original, powerful SEO content for blogs and websites.
- Implement off-page SEO content strategies such as coding.
- Effectively use header tags.
- Keep abreast of white hat and black hat tactics so as not to violate search engine guidelines.
- Strategize ways to improve and track site performance.
- Compile and present SEO performance reports.
- Consult with independent web designers to improve the navigation of a site to enhance its search engine ranking.
- Utilize basic programming and web design skills to enhance SEO.
- Create advanced SEO strategies, which include long-term strategy and Mobile SEO.
- Manage and plan, execute and successfully track ROI positive SEO initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day SEO tasks & projects
- Ensure a careful balance of on/off page optimization including content generation and link building (internal/external).
- Clear understanding of search algorithms and proper leverage these components in the SEO strategy.
- Measurement and reporting of all organic traffic and sales across all properties and page types.
- Work with Product managers to build SEO roadmap and properly execute against it.
- Provide training to content and development teams
- Serve as a liaison with software engineers to create new tools.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and inform other stake holders on required changes.
- Hands on experience with all aspects of SEO
- Link Building
- On-Page and Off-Page SEO
- Content Optimization
- SEO writing experience
- Knowledge of HTML
- Total command of Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools.
- Proficient in Bing Webmaster tools.
- Up to date on the latest Google Algorithm
- Local Listings/Local SEO
- Online Reviews/Online Reputation Management
- Managing multiple accounts
- Communicating with clients
- Experience with ranking report software (Raven Tools)
- Experience with SEO tools (Moz, SEMRush, Majestic etc.)
- Preference for experience in E-commerce SEO and managing multiple websites.
- Experience with link building and proper usage while representing the brand in the best possible light.
- Strong prioritization skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to align efforts across multiple departments
- Very strong organization, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Latest posts by Brock Murray (see all)
- seoplus+ to provide Digital Marketing support for CanExport Program - June 17, 2021
- 5 E-Commerce Link Building Tactics & How They Work - April 28, 2021
- How to Carry Yourself in the Face of Crisis - April 2, 2020
- Connect with seoplus+ - September 1, 2017
- Investigating February’s Organic Rankings Volatility - February 10, 2017